1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help delete icon

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by seejaa, Jul 19, 2017.

1. seejaa

seejaa Lurker

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Sky with Marshmallow, 6.0.1. I have an icon on my home screens that is a blue circle with four white boxes (or squares) inside the circle.

When I slide the screens left or right this particular icon remains in place an appears on the next screen. When I touch press the icon it provides access to shortcuts like screen-shots, easy pinch zoom, device options, menu settings etc. At times this blue circle is in the way of other screen objects and I would like to remove it. I can move and relocate it but have not found a way to remove it.

Appreciate it if someone has an answer to this question.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

Browse your running apps, find the culprit, and disable it...

3. seejaa

seejaa Lurker

I couldn't find any running apps that might be causing this. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

4. I think it may be your launcher. Which are you using? Try going to its settings and finding that.

5. <font color ='#9e9e9e'>Oh never mind I know what it is. You know the touch assistant? It's that. To remove it go to Settings, Accessibility, Dexterity and Interaction, Assistant menu. Disable it and that's all! </font>

Mikestony likes this.
  6. seejaa

seejaa Lurker

I found the answer in the suggestion to go to the older thread and make the adjustment to the 'Accessibility, Dexterity and interaction, Assistant menu'.

I am new to Android and the forum but I have been lurking here for quite a while trying to learn. This was my second question and I am amazed how helpful and friendly every one is and both times how fast I received an answer to my question. Thank you all very much for your help.

7. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Welcome to the forums seejaa!

8. You're welcome!