1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Help despertly on rooting Nook color 1.41

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tom32090, Feb 8, 2012.

1. tom32090

tom32090 New Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Hello androids forums. Today i purchased a nook color in the hope i could root it with an sd card and be able to read manga/comics easily. I have to figure out how to do this and so far im just becoming more confused. I did put the image on an sdcard with winimage but now the memory went from 4 gb to 130 mb. what is up with that? im so very confused can any one help me?

Advertisement

2. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2010
    #1: STOP.
    #2: BREATHE.

You didn't give us any indication of what method you are trying to use. If you have created a disk image that is 130 MB, that sounds very much like you're creating a bootable SD with Cyanogenmod using eyeballer's "size agnostic SD" method. That will create a bootable SD with CM on it, but you are not rooting the B&N firmware. There are (at least) 3 different ways to modify a NC:

1. Root the stock B&N firmware.
    2. Create a bootable SD card with alternate firmware on it (e.g. CyanogenMod).
    3. Over-write the B&N firmware by writing alternate firmware to internal eMMC memory.

If you want to root the B&N 1.4.1 firmware on board, there's a guide at the top of this section. In it I've listed the pros and cons of each approach.

3. tom32090

tom32090 New Member

Feb 8, 2012
  4. chocophile

chocophile Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010