• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help! Dirt/sand under my home button!

The title pretty much says it all, I live at the beach, so this was pretty much inevitable, but Is there any way to remove the home button and get it out? It doesn't prevent me from pushing it, just makes it harder to do.

Shop techs clean the buttons on these things all the time with rubbing alcohol. A liberal amount (a lot ;)) applied with a soaked cotton ball, then turned over and gently tapped against the hand (with the button in question facing down) does the trick, sometimes needing repeated applications and tapping. ;)

The debris will come out, and the rubbing alcohol will evaporate quickly, leaving the parts behind the button clean and functional. They use the alcohol all throughout these devices because of its quick evaporation and cleaning properties.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones