• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help! error messages looping.

Please help! About 5pm today I went to use my phone and the little red icon appeared in the top and said that I had to many things installed on the disc and it was getting low on memory. I went to the apps menu to start uninstalling things I never used and was about to get 2 games (about 5mb each) uninstalled before the pop-ups started.

Over and over this is all I'm getting.

"The application LogsProvider (process com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider)
has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

"The application TwLauncher (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has
stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I'm trying to get back to the system menu to get rid of more apps or into my texts to delete those, but I can't get there. I can't read my texts, answer the phone or get my voicemails either. I got 2 calls and 2 texts while trying to get the pop-ups to close and I was able to hear the ringtone, but my phone still isn't showing there are texts unread and when the calls came in, the touch screen wouldn't let me choose to accept or reject the call.

I've read in another posts that I should do a hard reset or a factory reset (are those the same thing?). I can't even get to that screen, so what do I do? Originally I was thinking I would have to go to an AT&T store tomorrow and see what they could do.

edit: Forgot to mention I have not rooted my phone and do not have an app/task killer installed, in case that could make a difference in what I need to do.

Also since last night I've been able to uninstall another 2 or 3 apps, but I'm still getting the error messages/pop-ups.

If anyone still has issues with this problem, I found a fix.

*I'm on a rooted Droid Charge*

While the "The application LogsProvider (process com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider)
has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." warning is looping, find your way to "Settings" --> "Applications" and find the Log Provider application. Select "Clear All Data." This will stop the warnings from looping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones