1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

help! error messages looping.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by julie524, Feb 13, 2011.

1. julie524

julie524 Newbie

Please help! About 5pm today I went to use my phone and the little red icon appeared in the top and said that I had to many things installed on the disc and it was getting low on memory. I went to the apps menu to start uninstalling things I never used and was about to get 2 games (about 5mb each) uninstalled before the pop-ups started.

Over and over this is all I'm getting.

"The application LogsProvider (process com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider)
    has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

"The application TwLauncher (process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has
    stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

I'm trying to get back to the system menu to get rid of more apps or into my texts to delete those, but I can't get there. I can't read my texts, answer the phone or get my voicemails either. I got 2 calls and 2 texts while trying to get the pop-ups to close and I was able to hear the ringtone, but my phone still isn't showing there are texts unread and when the calls came in, the touch screen wouldn't let me choose to accept or reject the call.

I've read in another posts that I should do a hard reset or a factory reset (are those the same thing?). I can't even get to that screen, so what do I do? Originally I was thinking I would have to go to an AT&T store tomorrow and see what they could do.

edit: Forgot to mention I have not rooted my phone and do not have an app/task killer installed, in case that could make a difference in what I need to do.

Also since last night I've been able to uninstall another 2 or 3 apps, but I'm still getting the error messages/pop-ups.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. julie524

julie524 Newbie

I just got back from the AT&T store. They did a factory reset, a new way I had not read about. So my phone's all blank and I have to start over with installing things, but at least it works now.

3. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Android Enthusiast

Probably using the dialer code for GSM Master Reset, which is:
    *2767*3855#

(DO NOT ENTER THAT INTO YOUR PHONE UNLESS YOU INTEND TO DO A FACTORY RESET. ONCE YOU FINISH ENTERING THAT CODE, THERE IS NO TURNING BACK!)

4. seljanempire

seljanempire Lurker

If anyone still has issues with this problem, I found a fix.

*I'm on a rooted Droid Charge*

While the "The application LogsProvider (process com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider)
    has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." warning is looping, find your way to "Settings" --> "Applications" and find the Log Provider application. Select "Clear All Data." This will stop the warnings from looping.

5. johng1959

johng1959 Lurker

I've got this repeating error messages problem and cannot get to any menu so the suggestions to delete apps etc won't work.

Is there anything else I can try?

Samsung Captivate Forum

The Samsung Captivate release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews