• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Errors killing my phone!

Hello I currently have the lg optimus f3 through metro pcs. I love this phone but have been having software error issues. There are 3 issues. The first one is that the default galleries has "unexpectedly stopped" and does not work any more but this is not really an issue I just downloaded a different galleries app and have been using that (just would like to know why its not working). The second error has just recently began and same issue but with my contacts and it has "unexpectedly stopped". This is a bigger issue since I am not able to look at or even dial phone numbers for calls. I have been going to messaging and started a text and then hit the call from there to call people (very annoying and needs to be fixed but still not the main issue). The 3 and major issue is the "com.google.process.gapps has stopped working". This error pops up and once ok is clicked it pops up again a second after and does this like 15 times in a row before going away and then the phone is ok for a few minutes then happens again. This renders my phone unusable. (Very weird that you can get a click in on apps or the keyboard and run apps in between the error pop ups if ur fast enough). Looked this error up online and people say its super easy to fix just go to settings -> apps -> all -> app manager then disable and reenable. Or if that doesnt work under the all right shoulder button and reset app preferences. The first time I did this it worked for about 30 min and then same situation. I have done this over and over and it does not work. So I went with the factory reset. Seemed liked it worked and then boom same situation after half a day. Ive tried updating everything, Ive tried keeping everything default to factory reset level. I have factory reset 4 different times. My phone is not rooted and I have never rooted a phone but have looked at it to maybe do that but I do not understand any of the lingo or how to do it or if that is even the right thing to try next :thinking:. Please let me know of any suggestions or solutions. Please help and thank you!

You Should Do The Following : 1. You Should Hard Reset Your Phone ( Try Finding The Little Hole It Will Show On Side Or Back ) 2. Delete All Apps That Are Not Useful Or Have A Malware 3. Try To Delete All Recent Apps 4. Restart Your Phone 5. Try To Remove The SD Card ( If You Have One ) You Should Have Your Phone Fixed. :) If You Have Question Ask Me :)

Upvote 0
Thank u 4 ur advise. I couldn't find a reset button but looked it up and found 2 do the hard reset u hold the volume button and power when turning it on. Did this and had the same results as a factory reset so i did it again and thus far the main issue has not happened again but i dont wana get my hopes up as this same situation happened where it was good about half a day then happened again. My contacts still failed and im forced 2 call thro creating a meaaage and calling thro that (and my gallery just crashed again 2). Took out my sd card for all of this and didnt install any apps besides all the google stuff updating itself

Upvote 0
Update. That hard reset still had the same issue. I looked up and followed rooting methods and successfully rooted my phone. Then i cleared out some google apps i don't use as well as some metro bloatware. The past 2 days i haven't had the major issue i mentioned above. Still having issues with my gallery and contacts but i downloaded replacement apps to do these actions. Thanks for your advise tho it helped!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones