1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Help] Everything wiped, now what?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by phamh, Apr 16, 2012.

1. phamh

phamh Lurker

Here's my story:
    I was kinda sick of the stock ROM, so I wanted to try out the Open Kang Projekt's ICS. And in order to do that I need to install Clockworkmod on my devise, and I did. But instead of installing the official CWM (which is version 4.0.0.4), I tried this: [Recovery] ClockworkMod - 5.5.0.4 - (Update: 03/18/12), I think it has the latest ICS kernel included or something (I'm not sure, that's what he said). And then I installed Kang's ICS ROM. Everything worked out just fine, except for the fact that it takes me every time about 5 minutes to boot, which is really a pain 'cause my tab crashes alot, and there are other bugs as well. So I decided to have a stable ROM instead of an unofficial ICS. But now I can't install any other ROM. I tried Slim ROM, Overcome ROM etc. but there's no luck, I'm always stuck at boot (Yes, I did wiped anything I could in CWM).
    So now, what can I do?
    I have wiped everything and flashed the official CWM 4.0.0.4 with Odin onto my tab, and I think that's the only thing I have on my tab now.
    If I want to install Overcome's ROM now, what do I need. Do I need to install a bootloader? A kernel? What kind/version do I need. Shall I install the kernel first and then the ROM or the other way round?
    And if I want to go back to stock, what do I have to do? Can I do that with Kies?
    Really need some advice here. Hope you guys can help me.

BTW, my devise is Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wifi only.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Thorsten

Thorsten Android Enthusiast

Please remember to keep posts about rooting and rooted devices to All Things Root. You

Slug likes this.
  3. sik00

sik00 Android Enthusiast

You do need 5.5.0.4 to flash the KANG ics's, so you did do the right thing with flashing that recovery. I'm not sure about why you're having troubles though. I'm using the cm snapshot from 3/30 and have not had a single problem with it. Have used a few other builds before this with no problems, either.

Are you running the 16gb or the 32gb?

CyanogenMod CM9 3/30 build

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews