• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Evo background scrolls, need it static

Cjohnson420

Lurker
Sep 12, 2010
Please I desperately need help with this problem...

I installed adw.launcher and didnt like it...the following resulted.

1) when i clicked on HOME, options would come up saying HTC Sense, Launcher, and ADW Launcher. I had to select every time. I did eventually find solutions on resolving it (pick default). But since the install it hasnt been the same. (see #2)

2)When selecting the HTC Sense as launcher my background now SCROLLS across!.. it never scrolled before. So I uninstalled ADW Launcher, which by the way has an optional feature NOT to scroll wallpaper. The uninstall did NOT fix it.

3) someone said an app called Launcher Pro lets you setup the static or scrolling background. So I installed Launcher Pro, and HTC sense still did the same thing. There is nothing in HTC sense launcher that lets me DISABLE the scrolling background... I hate it! and am now thinking I have to completely start over with my phone and restore to factory defaults.

*** ps.. just in case you are wondering why this is so inconvenient and annoying, I would have a photo on it as a background and when i move to a different screen, the face moves off the screen.. annoying!

I do think it was the new launcher that messed it up... Can some one tell me how to fix? I googled all over the place and no solution.

Much thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones