1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help - EVO boots up in 5 seconds and runs down battery in 2 hrs.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by entiel, Aug 19, 2011.

1. entiel

entiel Newbie
    None

May 16, 2010
    The Pineywoods
    For the last 3 days my EVO has displayed the strangest behavior. The boot time for the phone is a flat out 5 seconds, from the time I push the power button to it's ready for me to swipe my security pattern. It skips the Sprint splash screen.
    (O.K. this is NOT a problem):D

Once it on, the screen brightness is dim until I cycle the phone to and from the sleep mode.

The battery is being drained at an abnormally fast rate, 2 - 3hrs. The phone is HOT.

This phone, Version 0002, has never been rooted. Running Android 2.3.3, build 4.22.651.2.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    well for one your are one ota behind. the latest software version is 4.24.651.1. you are in fastboot mode. it does not completely power off. to uncheck it go to phone settings/applications/ and uncheck fastboot. now you can power off completely. as far as the dimming of your phone have you checked your display in phone settings? as far as battery drain goes check to see what is running on your phone. go to settings/applications/running services. you should see what is currently running on your phone. just keep in mind that android for the most part can manage applications pretty well.

entiel likes this.
  3. nolagirl70

nolagirl70 Lurker
    None

Aug 20, 2011
    mine has been doing the same thing and it's been since whatever update they did last week. it sucks.

Tags: