1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP! Evo not charging!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ChiTownRattler, Oct 11, 2011.

1. ChiTownRattler

None

Oct 11, 2011
    I've tried two batteries and neither one of them charge past 20%. As soon as I remove the charger, the charge drops below 10%. I have had problems with several chargers in the past and replaced them but my current problem is different. I've tried about 4 different chargers but neither battery charges. I thought maybe it's a battery problem but one battery is like new but it still won't charge. What is going on???

Advertisement

2. EvoGeek

EvoGeek Member
    None

May 20, 2010
    Miami, FL
    It may be the charging port. I am currently having issues with the charging port and I thought it was the battery from HTC that wouldn't charge, but when I put it on a wall charger it charges just fine. However, when the charger is plugged in it shows the light and the battery icon moves like it is charging, but no charge in the battery. Although, I must tell you that the cheap Chinese batteries I bought a year ago do charge, but I have to play with the charger and leave it hanging from the desk so that gravity kind of pulls on the cord. So I figure it's more than likely the port and maybe a little the HTC battery that came with the phone. I think there is a tread post about a bad charging port somewhere around here. I hope that helps a little.

Tags: