• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help!! Evo Phone Stuck Updating to 2.2

Cryt

Jul 28, 2010
I have a rooted Evo, and I decided to go ahead and get froyo today. I used the software update and downloaded it, went ahead and let it update, and now about 2 hours later it's still updating. I'm stuck on the screen with the Android guy with a triangle and exclamation point in it.

Is this normal? How long does this update take?

nothing at all. this is what it looks like:
]
capturefq.png

Upvote 0
I'm having the same issue. The installation bar starts to fill to 1/4 and then I get the screen with the Triangle and Green droid. I've tried pulling the battery a dozen times, but it always does the same thing. I'm rooted with Unrevoked 3

Im at the same state you are I think its something with unrevoked because thats what I used and its still not working

Upvote 0
holding down the power button does absolutely nothing. popping out the battery = bad idea?

i popped out the battery three times and restarted and tried again and i still ended up with the exclamation point screen all 3 times. I went ahead and reflashed with the stock RUU and then downloaded the update and it worked

[How To] Unroot and return to stock. - Android Central Forums

edit: i too had unrevoked and came across this problem.. taking your battery out wont do anything bad.. it will just reload the phone like it normally does..

if you have unrevoked you HAVE to either:

1. Use a custom rom w/ froyo
2. Re-install and reflash default RUU from link above and then do the update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones