• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Factory Rest Note 8, 3G works but Not LTE Despite Fixing APN settings (MetroPCS+TMo)

afroag

Dec 27, 2013
Hi I reset my Note 8 because after using this thing for a year and half, with all the security updates, my GPS location would stop working mid drive or my push notifications would stop working.

I booted into recovery and factory reset my phone. Now the phone won't work with mobile data. Well it only works with mobile data when I am on a phone call and my signal switches from LTE to 4G. THis is the most bizzare thing I have ever seen. I only get internet when I am on a phone call

This is supposed to be the opposite behavior. I've called Metro and they couldn't help me. I suspect this might be some weird Google Security issue. I can't seem to find anyone with the same issue I am having. I have tried all sorts of settings and now just reset my phone to factory again and I am getting the same issue

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones