• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help :( Fascinate won't connect to PC

klthompson

Lurker
Mar 28, 2011
When I first bought my phone, it connected fine to my laptop and I was able to move files back and forth between them. Since I upgraded the software on the phone though, it won't register the phone's SD card as an external drive that I can access. Now I get error messages from that say "Windows can't find Verizon V Cast Media Manager" and it pops up about 20 times. I don't know how to get rid of THAT. I have tried installing new drivers, I've tried removing the SD card and rebooting the phone, I don't know what else to do. I'm so frustrated, I'm starting to hate this phone. Any suggestions??

Have you checked in your usb settings and made sure it was set to "mass storage", and turn any sync sw you have on your phone off, sounds like it is trying to sync automatically when you plug your phone in and error-ing out because it can't find the SW somewhere. other than that, you should have to plug it in select mount on your phone and it should all work find and dandy.

hope that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones