1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP! fast charging duration

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hagarmaher, Mar 6, 2016.

1. hagarmaher

hagarmaher Lurker

I had my battery replaced month ago and as it was defective and they asked me to change the charger they tested.. I already had another one (original) of another note 4 that was lost so I used it instead at first the charging was amazing it was actually charging 50 or 60 % in 30 minutes.. but for the last few days I noticed it's taking longer.
    It took now an hour and half to charge from 8% till 100% (including 15 minutes only to charge from 92% to 100%) is that normal?
    How long does it take to fully charge your note 4 (fast charging)?
    I'm afraid that other charger is also defective and I'm now ruining the new battery..
    Update: after using the phone for only 15 minutes know it went down from 100% to 94% which I guess isn't normal..
    Help please

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I am going to suggest that you are miss using the battery.

8% is almost dead, and that is the "Blue Screen of Death" for a battery if you do that consistently.
    Pun intended from "Microsoft Windows OS"​

The battery manufacturers recommend to not draw them down below 40%. Lithium batteries will last "forever" if you keep them in the upper 2/3rds of their capacity.... I have a Qi wireless chargers installed in all of my phones, and Qi pads all over the house. If the phone is not being used, it is laying on a charger.... the battery has a monitoring circuit that tells the charger to cut back at 98% and from there it trickle charges to 100%, and then it only maintains a surface 100% charge. it will NOT over charge.

I have a 6 years old Samsung Galaxy S with the original OEM battery that is still very serviceable.... I just topped it off to 60% this morning.... for 'storage', it is best to maintain the battery at about 40%, do NOT try to keep it at 100%, that is almost as bad as letting it drain down to 0%

read this for more.

* Battery => How To Maximize Battery Life

3. hagarmaher

hagarmaher Lurker

I'm not always doing this I usually charge it when it's around 30% .. I did that yesterday only to check the fast charging as I read here in the forums that the fast charging is only working when charging the first half (2% to 50%) but after that there is no difference between fast charging and regular charging so I was just examining this.. but it also took more than 30 minutes to charge the first half in my case..

4. javamann

javamann Android Enthusiast

I have not timed the charging at all, But, having noted that caveat, it seems to me that the 'fast charging' is not charging anywhere near as fast as it was a year ago. I imagine, that very much like most things, time itself is the problem. Very much like me...it's just getting old :)

JM

5. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I can relate to the 'old part', today is my 73rd birthday.

6. philayl

philayl Android Expert

And a very happy birthday to you AZ, I'm not far behind at 69, but you're only as old as who you feel! Phil

7. javamann

but you're only as old as who you feel! Phil

It might only be a coincidence, but I've noticed that as I get older the spring in my step becomes less springy. The truth is one feels one's age

8. javamann

Hit the wrong button :( But i'm going to be 88 in June, so it's excusable:)

JM

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews