1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help! Flashed CM7 and it worked fine, tried to flash google apps and phone rebooting!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by androidw2, Feb 10, 2011.

1. androidw2

androidw2 Newbie

I flashed CM7 over 6, and then there weren't any google apps so I flashed those. Now when ever I press "touch the android to begin" it reboots, then loads the screen again, etc. what should I do? It was working fine until i tried to flash the google apps.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

Do a full wipe and try again.

3. wildland

wildland Well-Known Member

I had this exact experience yesterday..even performing a "factory reset" clearing every cache in recovery and reinstalling the zip file couldn't stop the bootloop. Ended up solving it by reverting to a nandroid backup, paying for the full version of rom manager and using that to install a different nightly build and the proper gapps in one go...worked great and I'm loving cm7 so far.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

If you have a problem again, i'd recommend not using rom manager to flash the rom and use clockwork directly to clear data and flash the rom.

wildland likes this.
  5. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

+1 I have never used ROM Manager

6. wildland

wildland Well-Known Member

Ironically, I think I flashed the failed version from recovery and had success with rom manager, but I think I flashed the wrong gapps file or something like that the first time.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews