1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help for a tech simpleton...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by genuis, May 26, 2011.

1. genuis

genuis Lurker
    None

May 26, 2011
    Hi all

First of all, thank you in advance to anyone that can help with this. I am not very good with the terminology etc (massive tech novice), but I will try and explain as best I can.

I have a Desire HD, and it is running whatever OS it comes standard with. Anyway, my battery is being absolutely annihilated by some process (according to watchtower) called com.htc.messagecs. It is hovering between 80% and 92% CPU usage, everything else is about 1-4%!

It only started happening a few days ago out of the blue, but today for example the battery was 100% charged at 8am, it is now 1pm and I have 4% battery left. I have not used my phone for anything today - not even so much as sending an sms or making a call. I was sitting at my work desk working away when my phone suddenly chimed to let me know I had 15% battery left, then about 45 minutes later I am down to 4%.

Is anyone able to help with this at all? It is doing me head in!

Thanks again

Advertisement

2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    I'm moving this to the Desire HD forum in hope that you'll find a solution there

3. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    If you have Android 2.3 first you could look what groups/apps uses the battery so heavy.
    > Setting > About phone > Battery > Battery use > ....

Harry