1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

HELP! Forgot my Note 2 lock screen pin?!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Stef_04, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Stef_04

Stef_04 Lurker

I have a Note 4, however, my 1 year old son recently smashed the screen (both screens) and I am unable to use it so in the mean time I went back to an old phone, My Note 2 to use while my Note 4 gets fixed.

However, when I set up my lock screen, (to avoid anymore random calls to my friends from my son, or things being deleted while he has my phone in his monster clutches and unlocked) with a pin number to keep him out of it, I have actually forgotten what I set it as and as irony would have it... I have in result locked MYSELF out of my own phone, not my son.

I have done some reading on different forums about what to do, how to get into my phone without doing a hard reset, asked friends, went inside AT&T and asked, (where as he was NO help because "all they do are repairs" as smug as he could be)

So basically everyone says you'll have to find a way online. But it seems every way that I have tried online results in a factory reset. Normally I wouldn't mind with a phone that I don't use anyway, however this phone has pictures and videos of my son that I cannot stand to lose.
    I am wondering if there is anyway possible I am able to do a back up of my Note 2 onto my Mac without knowing the lock screen pin...

I'm also wondering why people are saying after entering in an incorrect pin enough times it will prompt you with "forgot password" and mine does not do that. I have no idea which android system it is currently running, or maybe if thats why it hasn't been as simple for me.
    I have also tried accessing my Google Account, I did the whole "Lock" your phone with a temporary password etc...... that didn't work either.

Someone PLEASE HELP!!! :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

3. Stef_04

Stef_04 Lurker

Well all that seems to tell me about is the importance of a google account, which I have and am able to access. So why am I unable to do anything to get into my phone if I DO have my google account information set up with the phone, do you know?