• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! Front-facing camera not working!

HELP!!!! My camera doesn't have the icon to switch to the front-facing camera (sometimes it briefly appears before disappearing). The video screen has the icon to do it, but when you touch it, nothing happens. I googled the issue and the majority of responses were to do a factory reset, so that's what I did (which, in a possibly related issue, I had to do with the hard reset vs doing it from the settings, because the button to click "erase data" or whatever it said didn't work either). But that didn't fix it...ARGH!!!!! So frustrated. Any ideas???

HELP!!!! My camera doesn't have the icon to switch to the front-facing camera (sometimes it briefly appears before disappearing). The video screen has the icon to do it, but when you touch it, nothing happens. I googled the issue and the majority of responses were to do a factory reset, so that's what I did (which, in a possibly related issue, I had to do with the hard reset vs doing it from the settings, because the button to click "erase data" or whatever it said didn't work either). But that didn't fix it...ARGH!!!!! So frustrated. Any ideas???

I'm sorry for your issues you having with your device. But if the factory reset didn't work and you made sure that you didn't have any updates for the device pending, It maybe time for a new device.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones