1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General HELP! G1 with missing android market

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by munimescudi, Aug 16, 2010.

1. munimescudi

munimescudi New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    my friend just gave me his g1 and I got into the phone with ease it works fine but then I noticed that there was no android market. I looked for the icon I hard reset the phone. I've done everything I can think of is there anyone who can help me I would greatly appreiciate it.

Advertisement

2. fratermus

fratermus Well-Known Member

Try making a shortcut manually (ie, see if it shows up in the list of icons to add).

Maybe he put a custom ROM on there and didn't finish the job? What version is this G1 runnning? I think the highest official ROM is 1.6.

3. kmbrown3

kmbrown3 Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I'm having the same issue, no Market on the G1...phone is kinda boring w/out it....any other suggestions?

4. fratermus

Well, no one has posted what version of Android they're running so I can't help narrow it down more.

5. kmbrown3

kmbrown3 Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I'm running 1.6

6. fratermus

If there is a market entry under Settings | Applications I'd clear data and see if that helps. If not, I think the next step is to reset the phone:
    Settings | SD card & phone storage | Factory data reset

If you have an option to back up the phone before the reset that would be useful. Caveat: I think you have to reassociate with your Google account after the reset.

Tags: