1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[HELP] Galaxy Nexus App Install Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chubiprince, Apr 14, 2012.

1. chubiprince

chubiprince Lurker

Hello everyone,

I am new Galaxy Nexus user though I am not new to the Android OS as I using an Acer e130 Android 2.1. Now, my dad bought this unit in Saudi Arabia, and I have received it hours ago here in the Philippines.

Immediately after I got the unit, I downloaded some non-market apps and tried to transfer these to my unit via USB. At first, a message popped out in the screen, didn't mind it and then clicked 'transfer anyway'. Transfer success. I then disconnected the USB from the unit and opened Settings > Storage > Misc.. I tried clicking the files but nothing happens. I had also clicked the 'allow non-market apps to be installed', but still can't install it!

Did anyone experience this?

My Galaxy Nexus is an ANDROID 4.0.2.

Help please.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

You may have downloaded .zip files instead of .apk files. You either need to open the zip with a file explorer and find the apk file inside, or open the zip on your PC and extract the apk first. I don't think you can install .zip files on an unrooted device.

3. chubiprince

chubiprince Lurker

They were all .apk files. I didn't copied any .zip files. The problem is just, I can't open and install the .apk files I downloaded in my PC and transferred to my phone. No problems with direct to Play Store downloads 'cause they are all installable (tried it the other night).

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Have you tried other markets, to see if the files in question are being hosted elsewhere? If you can find them on Amazon's store, or Getjar, or trying your luck with Appbrain's alternative installer for Google Play, it might save you some trouble

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews