1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help!!! Galaxy S SD Card Overheated after upgrading to 2.2.1

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dirty_harry, Jun 10, 2011.

1. dirty_harry

dirty_harry Lurker
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Hi,

Can anybody please help.....

I have a samsung galaxy s and up until yesterday i was running android 2.2. On 2.2 i have experienced some serious lag issues. As a result yesterday i upgraded to 2.2.1. The lag issues were fixed and the phone now works quicker than ever.
    However, i noticed that the battery was draining ridiculously quickly and the phone was extremely hot. The battery drain was so bad that whilst on charge it would still be losing battery life.
    Today i have discovered that the heat the phone was generating was coming from the micro sd slot. upon removing the micro sd card i found that it had got so hot that the card had cracked and is now not readable. After removing the micro sd card and placing the phone back on charge it is charging as normal and the phone is at a normal temperature. Whilst this appears to have obviously solved the problem for now, i would like to be able to use the sd slot slot.

Please help.....

Advertisement

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!

Jan 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Welcome to the forums.

Is the overheating what caused the crack or could it be vice versa? Have you tried putting another card in there?

The folk over at the Galaxy S Subforum may be able to assist: Samsung Galaxy S - Android Forums