1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help!! Galaxy S3 just randomly shuts off!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hellerdn, Jan 13, 2013.

1. hellerdn

hellerdn Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2013
    Help!!!

I just bought a brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 last week and have had the phone turn off randomly several times. Last time was this afternoon, it just turned off by itself after checking my e-mail. More concerning is that I'm a Dr and on call at nights and just last night it turned off by itself while it was charging!!! My patients couldn't reach me!! the only way I knew was when my alarm didn't go off in the morning and my kids woke me up late for work! I can turn it on fine by pressing the power button, don't need to remove the battery to turn it on like some other posts I have seen.

Any ideas??!!!

I can't have a phone where I'm not accessible at night!!

Thanks for all your help

Advertisement

2. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I had this issue with an older phone. What I did was first power it off completely. Then remove the battery. Clean the battery contacts on both the battery and the phone. Then put the battery back in and power it back on.

If this still happens, then the unit may be defective and I suggest you exchange it for a new one.

3. gthau

gthau Lurker
    None

Jan 14, 2013
    Australia
    I had the same problem for the first few weeks of my S3. Couldn't replicate it in front of a Telstra store person, so couldn't get a warranty claim. :(

Went away with time. Suggest running it all the way down, fully recharge, running down, etc. a few times, as it seemed to be somehow 'new battery' related.