• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S3 Wifi Problem

bayounola

Lurker
Oct 9, 2016
Greetings I hope someone can help fix my wifi problem that started today. My cell keeps asking me to add my password to my modem. Usually it picks up when I get home. Now its connects for a minute then the wifi symbol goes off. I took a screen shot showing what networks are showing up. My wifi is the top AT&T modem and the Cisco modem below it is something new and never seen before. It shows a strong signal but it doesn't show up on any of our other devices (tablets other cell phones). What is this I tried to walk away from my home and the signal drops off??? Very confused why is my AT&T modem not staying connected to my galaxy S3 and why is it requesting I enter the att network/modem password over after logging on to it??? I have a Cisco router can it be that?? Thanks please help
Screenshot_2016-10-09-21-23-32.png

I will give it a try how is that done I guess I have to use my laptop to do it and since it's only happening to my phone and not to the other 5 mobile devices I have in my house should I factory reset my phone. I did figure out that it is my Cisco router showing up on my wifi. It's never happen before

Upvote 0
I will give it a try how is that done I guess I have to use my laptop to do it and since it's only happening to my phone and not to the other 5 mobile devices I have in my house should I factory reset my phone. I did figure out that it is my Cisco router showing up on my wifi. It's never happen before

To reset the router just turn it off, or unplug it for 30 seconds, then turn it back on. I have the same problem from time to time with my Cisco router. Other devices will connect fine but my phone won't. This always fixes it for me. There should be no need to factory reset anything.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones