• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help getting apps back

snowflake75

Lurker
Sep 15, 2011
I got my Dinc 2 (upgrade from an Eris) in May. I love it, but started having hardware problems. The phone would no longer charge. I took it back to verizon. They confirmed the problem and sent me a refurbed one. Got it the next day, great.

My problem is, I assumed, since I moved most of my apps to the SD card, I could just put the card in the new phone and most apps would be there. However, that is not the case. I can't find them under settings/applictions/manage applications. It's completely empty. Is there someplace else I should look? I was following the instructions verizon sent and, like an idiot, never unmouted the card before transferring. I'm not sure if that's the cause of my problem. I also still have the old phone, if that helps me at all. O and I am not rooted.

This site has been so helpful first with my eris, and now with my Dinc 2. I usually find my answers without having to post. Any help is appreciated. TIA!

Well, I'm not sure if the was the easiest method, but what I ended up doing was putting the card back in the old phone (after unmounting) and using my wi-fi to download AppMonster. I backed up the apps onto that.

This is where I think I did things the hard way, but couldn't figure out another way. I put the sd card back into the new phone and installed AppMonster onto that phone. I went into the AppMonster archive and had to reload one app at a time. This was still way faster though than jotting down all my apps and installing them from the Marketplace. This worked for me so I thought I'd share. I'd also be interested to hear if I missed some easier method.

O and if I remember correctly, I think there might have been a few apps that didn't transfer over. It may have been because they were registered or ones that couldn't be moved to the sd card to begin with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones