1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help getting apps back

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by snowflake75, Sep 15, 2011.

1. snowflake75

snowflake75 Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    I got my Dinc 2 (upgrade from an Eris) in May. I love it, but started having hardware problems. The phone would no longer charge. I took it back to verizon. They confirmed the problem and sent me a refurbed one. Got it the next day, great.

My problem is, I assumed, since I moved most of my apps to the SD card, I could just put the card in the new phone and most apps would be there. However, that is not the case. I can't find them under settings/applictions/manage applications. It's completely empty. Is there someplace else I should look? I was following the instructions verizon sent and, like an idiot, never unmouted the card before transferring. I'm not sure if that's the cause of my problem. I also still have the old phone, if that helps me at all. O and I am not rooted.

This site has been so helpful first with my eris, and now with my Dinc 2. I usually find my answers without having to post. Any help is appreciated. TIA!

Advertisement

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

I'm curious about this question. Most apps should have re-downloaded automatically, shouldn't they?

3. initial_V

initial_V Member
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    Guam
    That is a good question.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the apps you downloaded to the SD in your old phone was probably only "registered" (for the lack of a better term) to that first unit and not the unit you currently have.

4. snowflake75

snowflake75 Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Well, I'm not sure if the was the easiest method, but what I ended up doing was putting the card back in the old phone (after unmounting) and using my wi-fi to download AppMonster. I backed up the apps onto that.

This is where I think I did things the hard way, but couldn't figure out another way. I put the sd card back into the new phone and installed AppMonster onto that phone. I went into the AppMonster archive and had to reload one app at a time. This was still way faster though than jotting down all my apps and installing them from the Marketplace. This worked for me so I thought I'd share. I'd also be interested to hear if I missed some easier method.

O and if I remember correctly, I think there might have been a few apps that didn't transfer over. It may have been because they were registered or ones that couldn't be moved to the sd card to begin with.