1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help getting back to stock from ICS 0.98 HBOOT.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hackweed, May 1, 2012.

1. hackweed

hackweed Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2010
    Hi There.

I have been running an unofficial CM9 Kang that I found on XDA for a little over a week now. As far as beta roms go, it is by far the most stable that I have ever found, but I do miss the camera flash and music player options on stock GB 2.3.4 with Sense 2.1. I would like to return back to stock but I am not quite sure how.

I rooted the phone using the HTC Bootloader unlock tool, and I have S-ON with the 0.98 HBOOT. I have been unable to get the Froyo RUU PG32IMG.zip to work, and when I try restoring the 2.3.4 nandroid I have, I end up stuck on the white HTC screen. In order for me to flash the ROM that I am on now, I had to flash the boot.img from the Kernel through Fastboot. However when I try this to return back to 2.3.4 I am still stuck on the white HTC screen. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them. I am stuck with a somewhat stable ICS at the moment, which I guess is not that bad of a place to be. I should also note that I am using CM based recovery.

I have ADB, Fastboot and a little bit of flashing experience, but this phone has been a pain to work with.

Thank you for your help.

Advertisement

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

Try Andybonestock or GingerBangSense. Links are in the root sticky.

hackweed likes this.
  3. hackweed

hackweed Newbie
    None

Aug 24, 2010
    AndyBONESTOCK flashed without any problems! Thank you for your suggestions. I am still however curious as to how to return the phone to a state where it could receive an OTA Update should HTC push the ICS Rom that they promised. What do I have to do to get back to that state should the update happen?

4. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

There's a link to that in the root sticky too.

5. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    EMT
    Minneapolis
    Once the official ICS update rolls out, I'm pretty sure someone will release a stock ROM for us.

bberryhill0 likes this.