1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help Getting contacts from gmail a/c

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by amit_k20001@re, Aug 15, 2012.

1. amit_k20001@re

My phone is gone for repair... can anybody tell me how can i get contacts from gmail a/c ? it was sync with my gmail a/c.
    where will i find the conatcts in gmail a/c ?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert

you click the (gmail) pulldown. Which would then list contacts and tasks.

Or you can type in: www.google.com/contacts

Which should bring up your contacts. Just be sure to sign into google.com first.

3. amit_k20001@re

Thanks Kennected.........But its not showing any phone nos there.. it is only showing email id's.... why so ?
    If i remember correctly everytime i add a phone no on my phone.. it shows sncy with google... that means it was properly sync with google na ? so i should able to see phone nos here... but its not ? can you please tell me why ?

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

If you aren't seeing phone numbers there, it may not be synced properly? I am seeing phone numbers in my Gmail contacts no problem. You might have saved the contacts wrongly on your phone.

5. adaaaam

adaaaam Android Enthusiast

The contacts link in Gmail shows contacts saved on your phone AND every email address you've come in contact with, which is usually more than those on your phone, creating the illusion that your list is missing phone numbers, as its mainly populated by contacts with only email addresses.

Goto contacts.google.com instead which only shows contacts created there and on your phone, which tend to have phone numbers, which appear in the third column.

6. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Android Expert

When using your device and saving phone numbers, do you save them to the phone or to your connected gmail account? I have a sneaky suspicion you are saving contacts to your phone, therefore they are not being saved to you gmail (google) account.

Also make sure you are syncing to the appropriate account if you have more than one gmail (google) account.

7. amit_k20001@re

OOpppss i was saving them on my phone....i Thought it will also get saved on Gmail a/c..thats what it all means... [​IMG]

Now ...is there any way to get them back ? Because when i will get my phone back after repairing...he contacts will be lost [​IMG]

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Well, no you can't get them back, there would be nowhere from where we can get them back from. There's no backup anywhere if you were saving to phone.