1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help..... GOG games on dosbox turbo

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by wheresmybeans, Jul 6, 2013.

1. wheresmybeans

wheresmybeans Newbie

I'm Stuck guys, got the dos box turbo app, and the manager app. And downloaded a few games off GOG.Com. Problem is there is no program executable in Any of these games, just a setup executable. Does this mean I've gotta transfer to windows, run setup, switch back to android and THEN I can run the game? Or is there an easier way? I don't have a PC, but I do have 4 android devices there must be a way round this.. Please help. Thanks guys/girls.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

Is this app a game emulator?

Do you own a copy of these games you downloaded on any platform?

Reason I'm asking is if you don't own the games, downloading them is considered theft. I can't help you with anything along those lines, site doesn't allow it.

3. wheresmybeans

wheresmybeans Newbie

I understand your concerns, but the 3 titles I have are, Baldurs gate 2 and broken sword 3. These were purchased from the website, GOG.com. And the final one was downloaded as free where, that game is lemmings. I will not be offended if you chose to not take part in this thread.

4. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer

No, by all means you're cool. :)

I've never heard of that site, more of a knee jerk there. My apologies. :)

It'll take a little digging, let me see if I can find anything. :)

5. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

Moved to Android Games, cheers! :)

wheresmybeans and Granite1 like this.
  6. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Android Expert

I think the games you purchased will work in WinXP+. It looks like these games were reworked and enhanced to work with current systems and OSes and is not backwards compatible. So it won't work with DOS.

However, I thought some GOG copies of the games included the original DOS versions. If not, you can check 'abandonware' sites and see. Though be cautious about it too.