• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [HELP]Google Store Connection

S0bi3g

Lurker
Jan 12, 2013
I can't connect to Google Play Store on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 it refuses to connect. I know there are other threads about this but I've tried everything. I've factory reset multiple times, can't log in to Google Talk either. I've cleared my Cache from every Google related app as well as Force Stopping them all and Clearing there Data (I've tried searching for solutions for days and none of them have worked.) I've made 13 Google Accounts now and they all refuse to connect. I get either (No Connection Try Again) which loops or (Can't establish a reliable Connection.) The Samsung App store is hardly worth looking in...is my Tablet worthless now? I'm beyond aggravated and I'm just pissed off now.

I can't connect to Google Play Store on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 it refuses to connect. I know there are other threads about this but I've tried everything. I've factory reset multiple times, can't log in to Google Talk either. I've cleared my Cache from every Google related app as well as Force Stopping them all and Clearing there Data (I've tried searching for solutions for days and none of them have worked.) I've made 13 Google Accounts now and they all refuse to connect. I get either (No Connection Try Again) which loops or (Can't establish a reliable Connection.) The Samsung App store is hardly worth looking in...is my Tablet worthless now? I'm beyond aggravated and I'm just pissed off now.

Have you disabled the Google backup and restore function? Otherwise the reset may be nullified.

Upvote 0
Can you log into the play store from a web browser, either on the tab or on a pc/mac?
I can log in to Google through my Internet Browser on my Tablet as well as my PC yes. Any Applications that are aassociated with Google (Gmail, Google Play, Google Talk, Etc) Are unusable. I can select either New or Existing Account and no matter which one I try, it will not find a reliable connection. My WiFi is connected, I've tried multiple WiFi connections, I've tried multiple Google Accounts. I've check Airplane mode on and off, I've now reset to factory settings 11 times, I've rooted, I've uninstalled and re-installed Google Play Through third party installations (APK File.) I've deleted all installed updates, Cleared it's cache and Data (including every single Google App not just Google Play) I can log in through a family members Tablet (Same as mine, same model, same version.)

Upvote 0
Well after 13 different Forums...I decided to give up on asking for help...Clearly no one that tried helping had any idea how to help me so I figured that if I was the only one with this problem I'd just solve it myself. So if anyone came here with the same problem as me and could not get help then here's how I fixed it.

WARNING YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA!

(Won't let me post links) But you need to obtain the Stock Firmware for your device as well as Odin.

BEFORE plugging in your Tablet:
1. Open Odin
2. Select "PDA" and locate your downloaded Stock Firmware Rom (I just googled mine and got it on the first site I visited)
3.Still not plugging in your Tablet. Turn it all the way off then restart it in download mode by pressing the Power+Volume Down buttons until a warning comes up. Just press the Up Volume Key.
4. PLUG IN YOUR TABLET NOW!
5. Wait for Odin to show a Yellow bar and "Added!" Then hit start.
6. Let it run, when it's finished it'll restart on its own and you should be all set.

Upvote 0
Well after 13 different Forums...I decided to give up on asking for help...Clearly no one that tried helping had any idea how to help me so I figured that if I was the only one with this problem I'd just solve it myself. So if anyone came here with the same problem as me and could not get help then here's how I fixed it.

Well, you didn't really "fix it". You did a complete reinstall of your tablet's operating system. :p
I'm glad you git rid of your problem by doing this, but it would still be interesting to know what caused the problem in the first place...

Upvote 0
Well, you didn't really "fix it". You did a complete reinstall of your tablet's operating system. :p
I'm glad you git rid of your problem by doing this, but it would still be interesting to know what caused the problem in the first place...

I had done a few restores though beforehand. This I had to do specifically with the Stock Firmware it came with. So somewhere along the lines Google got stuck in a loop that was caused by something that a factory reset couldn't get rid of. It would be interesting to know how this happened in the first place.

Upvote 0
This happened to my Samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 running 4.0.4 it's says to me cannot establish reliable connection to server but when I go to my browser there is a connection.try this go to settings, go to application manager, then click all, search Google account manager, then if u located it click it then disable it, then click it again then go to accounts and sync then sync your Google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones