1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Help! Google

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Corson, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Corson

Corson Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Help! GoogleVoice texting is acting up

Hi all,
    First off I'd like to say whats up to everyone since I'm new here (and to android). And secondly I have a question, more of a statement but whatever.

I have GV and am using it as my primary texting app. Everything worked flawlessly, my texts would send and be received quickly, and if I got a text GV would instantly notify me with a buzz and the flashing green led. Now I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I updated the firmware to gingerbread about a day after Verizon started rolling it out, and from approximately that time GV has been acting up. I get no notifications when I get texted. They don't even show up in my inbox unless I Manually press refresh. Then they pop up and say received 12:03 when it's actually 1:00. Just wondering if anyone has has this problem, or has any ideas...

Thanks in advance for any help,
    -Corson

p.s. I've got an Incredible 2

Advertisement

2. drdoom

drdoom Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    College Student
    North Carolina
    It is a syncing problem with Google Voice. Other than making sure that background data is enabled and reinstalling GV, there isn't much you can do to solve it. I have the same problem from time to time.

3. Corson

Corson Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Hm, that's a shame, Oh I was looking around and I saw a lot of people talking about setting the refresh rate to 5 minutes... did Google take out this function? As I can't find it anywhere.

4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    I do believe this is because you are traveling through time.

[​IMG]

Seriously though GV is supposed to be a push notification service, so there technically isnt a "refresh"

Have you found this happening a lot when you have weak signal? Or are changing from WiFi to 3G/2G often?

5. Corson

Corson Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Well I do change from 3g to wifi often, but even if I have good signal I usually have to do a manual refresh to see any new messages. Last night I re installed GV so I guess ill see if that helps.

thanks peeps