• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help help gps :(

azartrus

Nov 9, 2010
does anyone else's phone take forever to get a gps lock on in google maps? my phone seems to take roughly 5 minutes for the gps signal to lock on and then sometimes predicts a location that is in my proximity but not my location?

If so, is there a fix for this issue

please help

does anyone else's phone take forever to get a gps lock on in google maps? my phone seems to take roughly 5 minutes for the gps signal to lock on and then sometimes predicts a location that is in my proximity but not my location?

please help

welcome :D. just an fyi this is not a root question but more of a support or general question.

having said that, gps is a known issue that affects most fascinates. it takes long to lock if it locks at all. froyo may/may not help. its been a split bag on the other galaxy s phones.

Upvote 0
I've found that simple going to the gps setup options and turning the gps off and back on or even just the VZW or Google location settings will kick the GPS to working.

I think its obviously a software issue and hopefully they or someone else will fix it.

Piiman, you should from this moment forward devote your entire life to fixing the gps issue on sgs phones. :D

j/k of course :cool:

Upvote 0

please help

Get GPS Booster from Market. It has consistently improved the GPS of 99% of the people who have used it. It goes from locking in minutes to under 10 seconds. I wouldn't post it here if I hadn't tried it over and over myself :D

Reactions: Halcyon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones