• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP!! Had to factory reset my rooted HTC Evo

yeah thats what i figured, its almost done now lol. im getting the hang of this now. How does this rom stack up to others? like speed wise smoothness and scroll speed?

That, my freind, will vary phone to phone..but...MikG ran very nicely and smooth on my phone. Then I found Decks Reloaded and that one ran quicker and just loved it.:)
There is so much more to speed and smoothness than just the rom itself. But that's a whole other discussion:p

Got it back!
Glad you got it back!!!!
Did you remember to make a nandroid backup?

Upvote 0
NICE!!!!!!!

so here is some tips for you:
if you have any issues where there are bugs, glitches, force closure of apps then the first thing i always do is go into recovery and wipe dalvik cache and cache. this usually takes care of most issues.

if that does not work then try and go back into recovery and wipe dalvik cache and cache and re-flash the rom like you just did. this is also good if you flashed a theme that you did not like and want to go back. this will not wipe your data or settings. sometimes you get bad flashes and this might help with it.

now if that does not work then a full wipe and re-flash is recommended. a full wipe is wiping everything except for the sd card(i usually wipe 3x) then re-flash the rom.

hope this helps in the future.....happy flashing:D:D:D

Upvote 0
No i dont know anything about the nandroid backup. i red some about them on the internet but other than that not much. and can i just flash that rom onto my phone without doing anything more?
Well, you could but...a nandroid backup is like a snapshot of your phones current state. Kinda like a game save or a restore point on a computer.
If something goes wonky that cannot be fixed in recovery or a wipe/flash, you can restore the nandroid backup and it will bring you to that certain point in time when the backup was made.
Does that make sense?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
No i dont know anything about the nandroid backup. i red some about them on the internet but other than that not much. and can i just flash that rom onto my phone without doing anything more?

well please check out this guide:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html skip the rooting process and go to the second post. it has tons of info including on how to make a nandroid backup. but i would read that entire post fully cuz there is a lot of useful info there for you to know.

also here is some more reading for you:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/389360-kernels-dummies.html

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/210253-setcpu-guide.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones