• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HELP!!! hard bricked one sv k2_cl computer reconigze the phone as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008

good luck, I don't think I can help any more, I've searched found only Linux based threads for qpst..... you could put ubuntu on a thumb drive, that's what I used to wipe Windows 8 and install Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit.....if course you don't have to install Ubuntu, you can just run it live for what you need it for.

Upvote 0
good luck, I don't think I can help any more, I've searched found only Linux based threads for qpst..... you could put ubuntu on a thumb drive, that's what I used to wipe Windows 8 and install Ubuntu 13.10 64-bit.....if course you don't have to install Ubuntu, you can just run it live for what you need it for.

I see you got a computer once again :). That explains your absence lol. Getting dirty with the SV I'm sure.

Reactions: russellvone
Upvote 0
lol, yeah notebook came with 420 hdd, I ordered and installed 960ssd....

I didn't know when I bought it the dang 4gb RAM is soldered on.....lol so I'm stuck with that

Doing better than me. My old laptop is running on 2g of ram. I can however, upgrade it to 8, but it isn't worth it on this computer. Its been through too much abuse. Good call on the sdd. Way, way, way faster ;-)

Reactions: russellvone
Upvote 0
yeah i guess im going for my last option just exchange the phone cause still under warranty, i was tryna figure out a way to bring it back to life so other users could do the same if they were in the same boat thanks for help anyways :)

Upvote 0
do u think u can create the right files for the phone i else need the .xml file :(

Upvote 0
Have you guys tried linux mint? I am having good success with it.

I personally haven't. The latest Ubuntu is very smooth but still many bugs being worked on.

I got rid of linux on my laptop a few months back. Went back to windows 7 for other reasons. If and when I can get a new computer it will solely be based for linux. I just don't have the money for one at the moment and probably will not have the money for a long time.

Upvote 0
yeah i guess im going for my last option just exchange the phone cause still under warranty, i was tryna figure out a way to bring it back to life so other users could do the same if they were in the same boat thanks for help anyways :)

did you send your phone in? i dug in al little deeper than i planned to but hey, lets bring that beautiful brick back to life

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones