• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help! Have sound and cant make it a notification sound.....?

Yes, that is the place I store Em, and they work if you select them inside apps like Facebook or Gmail. But making them alerts for text messages, phone-specific notification alerts (low battery, wifi status, etc) can't be done, even after a reboot. Only those locked selections show. No custom or other choice. I am rooted too

OK.. now I see what you are trying to do... sorry a little slow.... lol

My device does not have that option. But if you go into /system/media/audio (on my device) you should see audio files of just that. By themselves not in a folder. Ogg files. Find the right one (ie. Low battery) and rename the original and then rename the new one (ie. Low battery) you should have that sound you were looking for.

Upvote 0
Not for me they don't. Only the system sounds available out of box. Same results on the kindle fire, Archos 28, and eclair-running Coby Kyros.

Here's what mine looks like and at the top you can see the string at where it is located at. The charging one is custom.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353539840578.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353539840578.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Yes I am aware of the folder. But first, the sounds I want to use are all mp3, secondly they are never an option in settings, notification ringtone. Thirdly, trying to hack that long ago produced com.android.settings crash using that rename exploit, but I wasn't using ogg files either. No big deal anyway I just learn to live without custom alerts

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones