1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP! Having a hard reset NIGHTMARE!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digitalzombie, Jul 29, 2011.

1. digitalzombie

digitalzombie Member
    None

Jun 14, 2010
    I've had my Evo since launch last year, and I've taking issue with my phone's performance lately, so I figured it was time for a factory reset. I'm not very careless though, so I researched up and down the internet today about what to do and the best way to get things back the way you want them, and it looks like I'm the victim of multiple misinformations.

First off, I thought I read somewhere that the Android Market kept track of your downloaded apps, and once you sync your google account to the phone the Market would start reinstalling your apps. That didn't happen. So I manually reinstalled AppBrain Market, after syncing my account before the reset to get a most up-to-date list of my apps. I read "Do not sync!" Yeah, I know. I open AppBrain, link it to my google account and click Manage & Sync. This, I thought, would lead me to a screen to give me the option to sync, or download my previously downloaded apps. NOPE! Instead I'm faced with a list of just the pre-installed bloatware on the phone saying "Synced 0 minutes ago":mad:

I also downloaded MyBackup before the reset to save what I considered pertinent data (certain apps, sms data, etc.) on my SD Card, and after manually reinstalling it, it's looking for the backup data in the completely wrong place! Luckily I found while connected to my computer the backup file location, and I found the spot in the settings to change where it looks for the backup data, but I have to manually type in this huge ridiculous path, and I'm not entirely sure how deep into the path it needs to be. I've tried twice now and I'm starting to thing something got screwed up.

I'm so pissed off right now. I do not want to completely wipe away the last YEAR of phone usage, and only be stuck with a hole in my wallet where my paid apps should be!

Advertisement

2. junebogey

junebogey Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    New Jersey
    I didn't read all of this but ur paid apps don't need to be repaid for go to market my apps and scroll to the bottom and it shows your paid apps it will say purchased just click it and reinstall for free

3. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    yep in the market on your phone press menu and select my apps. all of your paid apps will be listed there. all you have to do is download it from the market.

4. JohnRiley

JohnRiley Newbie
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    Salisbury, NC
    The market does reinstall your apps on Gingerbread (2.3.3 or maybe .4?) as soon as (or close there after) you sign in on your Google account. Most of the time they all install. At least that's the case on the latest ROMs I've installed. And re-installed.

5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Android Expert
    None

May 29, 2010
    Senior Software Engineer
    Wilmington, Delaware
    The Android Market should automatically start pulling down and installing all of your apps after you sign into Google on your handset. This is an Android 2.2+ feature.

You can sign in here: http://market.android.com . There you can see the list of your apps. You can push those apps to your handset as well.

Tags: