1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support HELP! HAVING problems with my droid incredible 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by d3thrayn, Jan 7, 2012.

1. d3thrayn

d3thrayn Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    For the last few days I have been having several problems with my HTC Droid Incredible 2. I can't change anything at all as far as backgrounds. Every time I try to change something I get a pop up that says "Phone storage is full." even though I have well over 700MB of free space currently on my phone. It will let me use the live wallpapers, but I don't usually use them because of how much more quickly my battery dies. I also can not change my skins, when I attempt to it tells me "The application Skin Picker (processcom.htc.skinpicker) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I've even downloaded and tried Zedge. Every time I try to use one of the backgrounds I've downloaded from it I get another message saying it has stopped unexpectedly. I removed ALL of my apps and tried doing a factory reset, but even that gets the stopped unexpectedly message. I'm so lost here, this is my first time with a "smart phone" and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me?

Advertisement

2. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Android Expert
    None

Jan 14, 2011
    Male
    Oyster shucker blacks oyster bar
    Dirty South, Louisiana
    What does the error show when you try to factory reset that stops it? I am just a curious what exactly it is showing?

If you want to factory reset it if trying to do it in the normal fashion in the settings is giving you an error that Is stopping you from doing it.. You can...

Turn the phone off. Hold the volume down button (hold it down first) then quickly and hold down the power button. Hold it like this for like three seconds, please this will bring you to the Hboot menu. Use the volume down button to navigate down to factory reset. Hit the power button once to confirm.

That should do the trick... I ;)

d3thrayn likes this.
  3. STeVe7320

STeVe7320 Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    Male
    Truck Driver
    Pembroke, Ga
    +1 try a factory reset

4. d3thrayn

d3thrayn Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    it gives me the same "stopped unexpectedly" message that trying to change my backgrounds was giving me. I will definitely give your idea a try though, thanks!

5. d3thrayn

d3thrayn Lurker
    None

Jan 7, 2012
    Thank you G.adams22! That did the trick! My phone is working like a charm again!

blackepoxy likes this.
  6. ilovethebeach

ilovethebeach Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010

You might try clearing your cache also before doing the drastic(hard reset) sometimes that may help.