• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! HAVING problems with my droid incredible 2

d3thrayn

Lurker
Jan 7, 2012
For the last few days I have been having several problems with my HTC Droid Incredible 2. I can't change anything at all as far as backgrounds. Every time I try to change something I get a pop up that says "Phone storage is full." even though I have well over 700MB of free space currently on my phone. It will let me use the live wallpapers, but I don't usually use them because of how much more quickly my battery dies. I also can not change my skins, when I attempt to it tells me "The application Skin Picker (processcom.htc.skinpicker) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I've even downloaded and tried Zedge. Every time I try to use one of the backgrounds I've downloaded from it I get another message saying it has stopped unexpectedly. I removed ALL of my apps and tried doing a factory reset, but even that gets the stopped unexpectedly message. I'm so lost here, this is my first time with a "smart phone" and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me?

What does the error show when you try to factory reset that stops it? I am just a curious what exactly it is showing?

If you want to factory reset it if trying to do it in the normal fashion in the settings is giving you an error that Is stopping you from doing it.. You can...

Turn the phone off. Hold the volume down button (hold it down first) then quickly and hold down the power button. Hold it like this for like three seconds, please this will bring you to the Hboot menu. Use the volume down button to navigate down to factory reset. Hit the power button once to confirm.

That should do the trick... I ;)

Reactions: d3thrayn
Upvote 0
For the last few days I have been having several problems with my HTC Droid Incredible 2. I can't change anything at all as far as backgrounds. Every time I try to change something I get a pop up that says "Phone storage is full." even though I have well over 700MB of free space currently on my phone. It will let me use the live wallpapers, but I don't usually use them because of how much more quickly my battery dies. I also can not change my skins, when I attempt to it tells me "The application Skin Picker (processcom.htc.skinpicker) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." I've even downloaded and tried Zedge. Every time I try to use one of the backgrounds I've downloaded from it I get another message saying it has stopped unexpectedly. I removed ALL of my apps and tried doing a factory reset, but even that gets the stopped unexpectedly message. I'm so lost here, this is my first time with a "smart phone" and I have no idea what to do. Can anyone help me?

You might try clearing your cache also before doing the drastic(hard reset) sometimes that may help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones