• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!! Having trouble with memory & music

Fancypants

May 21, 2010
I was having trouble getting an album icon to show up when transferring from pc to phone. I ended up trying to sync the album from Windows Media Player but it started syncing EVERYTHING so I stopped it. Then when I plugged it into the pc again it said I'd only got 1gb of memory on the card when I started it was 3.6gb. I've officially only put 6 albums on about 400mb in total yet spent 2.6gb. I'm assuming the tracks I accidentally synced are the cause yet when I open up the drive there's no sign of them. Anyone any ideas how or where I can find them & remove them?? Your help is appreciated as I've only just got the phone & haven't a clue.....obviously :)

You need to download ASTRO file manager or an equivalant manager. With file managers you can find all your missing files.

Thanks alot, I have downloaded it. Although this is gonna sound really dumb but how do I use it? It asks for file name etc but I have hundreds of tracks its impossible to know which ones are on there. I've even tried typing mpg but the comes up empty. It says the sdcard directory is empty. So I'm assuming they've been saved on the phones memory too. Searching for things less than 1 day old hasn't come up with anything either. Unless I'm doing something wrong. Is there a simple way to get all the missing tracks up that I don't know of? Here's me thinking it was a good idea to get a fancy phone yet not a clue how to use it. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones