• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help, Hello Kitty wont go away!

Ok, I took out my sd card and turned the phone on and the same hello kitty wallpaper appeared for a second after I unlocked the home screen. After that it wont be seen again untill I turn on my phone the next day. I think it in the phone and not in the card. Can I take the card out and do something to my phone to get the kitty out?

you are probably going to have to do a factory reset to get rid of it at this point. Unless you want to root and then try to track down the offending file.

Upvote 0
I have the Droid Eye live wallpaper on my phone since it came out, and as we know about the kitty appearing for a second on powering up. The kitty wallpaper was saved as a wallpaper by my daughter and I just switched it back to my droid eye. Today I tried the black wallpaper from Launcher Pro and then switched back to my droid eye and now on power up the kitty is gone but the Launcher pro one shows up for a second when I power up and unlock my screen. Is this something normal when you change wallpapers?

Upvote 0
I found a folder in the phone when I was connected to my laptop and it had over a hundred thumbnails showing about 30 almost naked pics of women. I dont know where those came from.....
HA! I've been telling my wife for months now that I didn't put those pictures and videos on the phone. Just a standard part of the Android OS ;)

PS - The I don't know where they came from excuse didn't work for me, how did it go over at your house?

Upvote 0
I have the Droid Eye live wallpaper on my phone since it came out, and as we know about the kitty appearing for a second on powering up. The kitty wallpaper was saved as a wallpaper by my daughter and I just switched it back to my droid eye. Today I tried the black wallpaper from Launcher Pro and then switched back to my droid eye and now on power up the kitty is gone but the Launcher pro one shows up for a second when I power up and unlock my screen. Is this something normal when you change wallpapers?

I originally didnt know you meant a live wallpaper and that kinda changes things.

I am not sure that a factory reset is going to fix this issue. It sounds as if the phone is just slow to load up the live wallpaper and shows a static wallpaper until it loads up the live one. I can reproduce that on my rooted droid but I am not running a stock rom.

For me it wouldnt be worth losing all my data for a little blip when I first turn on the phone but to each his own. Just know this problem could very well still be there.

Reactions: ricksievers
Upvote 0
For me it wouldnt be worth losing all my data for a little blip when I first turn on the phone but to each his own. Just know this problem could very well still be there.[/QUOTE]

I think I will agree with you on this little blip and leave it alone, at least I changed it to a better wallpaper blip. I did not like seeing hello kitty every morning. Thanks

Upvote 0
HA! I've been telling my wife for months now that I didn't put those pictures and videos on the phone. Just a standard part of the Android OS ;)

PS - The I don't know where they came from excuse didn't work for me, how did it go over at your house?

No problems here, I am allowed to "LOOK" at stuff like that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones