1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help Help!! All my stuff has vanished (23 GB Worth)!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zandersig, Dec 1, 2014.

1. zandersig

zandersig Android Enthusiast

Hey Guys, I was doing some cleaning up on my internal storage and something has went terribly wrong. I was deleting some folders that had nothing in them and during that process POOF! Everything on my internal storage is GONE! All Pics, downloads, everything.... OMG

Did I delete a folder that links to all my stuff? I know that using ES Explorer app I was always in the directory called 0/emulated/etc... (I don't know the exact wording) but I know I didn't delete 28GB worth because it would take a few minutes to delete all that and all the folders I was deleting would delete in 1-2 seconds.

I know my stuff has to be on my phone but I can not get back to it. Does anybody have a fix? OMG I pray that all my stuff is still on my phone but I can't find anymore.... HELP!

Should I boot into TWRP and fix permissions or something or use an app of some kind?

BTW, where did the "Nexus 5/all things root" forum go to?

2. zandersig

I am on Android 4.4.4 by the way

3. zandersig

Now when I plug my Nexus 5 into my PC Laptop and look at what is on my phone I only have 5 folders....

.estrongs
    Android
    data
    Pictures
    TunnyBrowser

That is all that is showing, I used to have at least 45+ folders and some loose pdf's etc....
    It is all gone from what I can tell.... I can't beleive this, December 1st (Today) has been awful besides this happening! Crying!!!!

4. zandersig

Sorry about the double post, can an admin delete the other thread I started. Thanks

5. zandersig

This is very strange... my games can see the .obb file that it needs to be able to run (which is /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/obb but I can not see it anymore so it still has to be on my phone along with all my pics, music, etc but I can no longer see it but any game that uses .obb files can see it... I don't know what happened when I was cleaning up my Internal Memory? Could I have deleted a .folder (which are hidden)?

I think I deleted the .estrongs folder because the one that is there now has today as the creation date and I don't have a backup of the old one. That folder keeps a database of the folder it's in, right?

6. zandersig

I just opened my alarm clock and it can select my music that I copied to my phone and it plays the music fine but when I open my Internal SD card using a file explorer my music doesn't show up and under my android system setting the storage space says that I have 23 GB free! So what gives? How can I get my lost files/folders back to where they should be? It seems like a link is broken or something? I just don't know...

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews