1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help help help plz

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MooseMussio, Sep 1, 2011.

1. MooseMussio

MooseMussio Lurker

First of all if this is something already spoken about I oppoligize. I am very new to the forums and the threads. I am on here looking for help and a solution if available. I have always just read the forums but never posted. here is my issue. I have an LG Ally that was running 2.2.2. I rooted it a few weeks back using gingerbreak. All was well with it until today when I tried to flash Velocity 1.1 on it. I cleared the Dalvik cashe and the System as it asked for. then I flashed the velocity file off my SD card. it went through its process then requested I reboot. well it got stuck in a loop. I tried flashing again but this time without clearing anything to see if it was just a simple error. again nothing. I recently downloaded another file that said stock froyo rooted. In my mind I was flashing a rom that would take me back to stock still rooted. Before I continue though I will add that I tried the backup recovery and tried to install my original backup with no luck. Now after this last flash trying to go back to stock my Ally goes straight to a small white box with an arrow and the little green android man standing outside of it. My screen then goes black and my light comes on Red. I am stuck, what does this mean. My SD card still works because I used it in my wifes phone but my Ally is still done. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated thank you so much.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KingOfGreen

KingOfGreen Android Expert

trying getting some juice into the battery. Im pretty sure youre getting into the stock recovery instead of amonra or cwm. With fastboot easy fix, without it you can still probably right it pretty easily. How long have you had your phone? Do you know if you have fastboot? Probably not unless its an old phone. If you do, go to the ally -all things root forume and find the 2.2.1 root guide and download the "lite" zips and do as instructed in the guide. Go find the LGNPST guide. Its usually on the first page with the 50 most recent posts. And get it set up, when you plug your phone DONT start it until you see your MEID and phone number on the screen. Ive never used it with a phone that was not right but i do know it can wipe those but im also pretty sure that itll work in a bootloop.

3. MooseMussio

MooseMussio Lurker

Thank you much. I will plug it in for a while and give it a try. Some of the stuff you put on here im still new to but I will try to figure it out. If not I will ask please for step by step. I have had the phone for over a year now I bought it back in august of last year

4. MooseMussio

MooseMussio Lurker

Also does anyone know where I can download or send me the link to a good, non corrupted velocity 1.1 zip or higher just in case I am able to make it to the boot screen again? Thanks I would still like to give it a try

5. MooseMussio

MooseMussio Lurker

King of green thanks for the help. Here's the thing though. when I try to boot the phone in recovery mode so that I can flash new files or even read any part of the small green letters and options, it does not let me. I have tried all combinations of buttons and nothing. it keeps going back to the box with the arrow and the android man. then it simply goes black. If I could get to the recovery screen I could maybe even try flashing another rom and see if something else works. I read all the posts you requested but they all pretty much suggest all options through the recovery menu. I cant even get to that. so any help on trying to get to the boot screen and getting rid of thae android man helps. thanks.

LG Ally Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews