• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP...Hero error Download Unsuccessful on market apps

Daysea34

Lurker
Jul 16, 2010
My phone was working fine and I had downloaded numerous apps with no problems. All of a sudden, when I tried to download apps, they would just be stuck, saying "downloading..." for days.

When searching for a fix for this problem, I was told to clear the Google Apps Cache & login again to clear the problem. I did this and it did not fix the problem. It actually wouldn't let me connect to the market apps at all anymore. So, I searched for a solution to this new problem. The best option was to do a factory reset...which i did.

After the reset, I could not get the market apps to download. Every time I click install on an app, I get the Download Unsuccessful error...please try again. I searched solutions and tried to set up a new google account per those solutions. This still did not fix the problem. I still cannot download anything.

Now I have a reset phone, with no apps! Very frustrating. It seems like I lost all of my data and made it worse. Please help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones