• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HELP! Hero; Unlock pattern lock....

Kleinstrup

Lurker
Aug 30, 2009
Hi all.

Yesterday I swiped my unlock pattern wrong to many times and now I have a screen saying that I should type in my google account username and password to unlock it.

I'v done this 100 times now with the correct username and password but it does not open my Hero. It is like it dosen't tjeck it online....

So now I have a locked Hero that can't do anything, please help me! How can I unlock it??? :thinking:

Hi,

I am not speaking from experience, but I believe there is a way to factory reset the phone (although you will loose any data).

Also, I just googled "unlock hero without google account" and their seems to be various things you can try but it does seem that lots of people have had issues with resetting using the google credentials.

Upvote 0
Did you have wi-fi turned on when you locked your phone? or have a data plan? my phone got locked once when my friend was mucking around on it and I had to use the same account that I used when I set up my phone to unlock it (@gmail.com). Once you type that in, it goes online to verify the information.

Upvote 0
Hi!

I now reset my Hero, doing like this;

Battery out
Battery in
Hold down "home" and "backarrow" and push power button fast!

Phone now reboots and you will have the possiblility to push menu for reset your phone.

Another solution could be this, was in my indbox:

hi cannot post on forums atm coz my email is still not validiated.
Anyway, when you unlock you phone write your username: ex. user@googlemail.com and as password write null . (without dot )

Reactions: azeem781986
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones