1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support HELP! Home button doesnt work, other things dont work either

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by maddawg0, Feb 16, 2011.

1. maddawg0

maddawg0 Lurker

Okay, so I was in the process of clearing out some cache from some programs running all the time that accumulate all this space on my LG Ally, well in doing so i accidentally deleted the "settings backup" storage thing under managing programs button. And since then, earlier today my ring tones and notifications and anything noise didnt work. After some fiddling i got those to work.

But the issue that is driving me mad, i love how i can go from app to app by hitting home and loading music up while im online, or checking my calender while im on facebook or something like that. Now the home button and search buttons on the outside of the phone and on the keyboard dont work at all. They dont do anything, and im sad because ive looked everywhere online and theres no information on giving this phone a re update, i have the 2.21 android update that everyone else got but i just want my ally to work properly again, and it doesnt and im sad.

Anyone please help me??:(

Advertisement

2. maddawg0

maddawg0 Lurker

I forgot to mention also my natural screen lock button where you gotta slide it to the left doesnt work anymore, infact its not there.

Ive already pulled the battery, restarted the phone 3 times, and it hasnt done anything :(

3. yohobojo

yohobojo Android Enthusiast

my advice would be to take it to the vzw store if your not rooted. If you are rooted, go to the Ally IRC to get some help.

4. socobandit

socobandit Well-Known Member

Try a factory reset first...settings, privacy, factory data reset...you'll have to set up all your ringtones and accounts, but it might work

5. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Android Enthusiast

If rooted, do this. It works, I used it :)

6. death2all110

death2all110 Android Expert

Factory reset should do it. you deleted system data. if not flash back to stock v6 and update again.