• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP! Home button doesnt work, other things dont work either

maddawg0

Lurker
Feb 16, 2011
Okay, so I was in the process of clearing out some cache from some programs running all the time that accumulate all this space on my LG Ally, well in doing so i accidentally deleted the "settings backup" storage thing under managing programs button. And since then, earlier today my ring tones and notifications and anything noise didnt work. After some fiddling i got those to work.

But the issue that is driving me mad, i love how i can go from app to app by hitting home and loading music up while im online, or checking my calender while im on facebook or something like that. Now the home button and search buttons on the outside of the phone and on the keyboard dont work at all. They dont do anything, and im sad because ive looked everywhere online and theres no information on giving this phone a re update, i have the 2.21 android update that everyone else got but i just want my ally to work properly again, and it doesnt and im sad.

Anyone please help me??:(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones