• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

help how do i fix this?

D

Deleted User

Haha my device banged a $1 hookerbot. He's nasty. HELP

Attachments

• 20200730_092838.jpg
    20200730_092838.jpg
    764.6 KB · Views: 108
It would help us to help you if you can tell us what make and model the phone is, also which version of Android and which carrier you use.
First thing to try is a factory data reset, if that doesn't fix it (It won't if the trojan has rooted your phone, in which case the best option os to go to the phone maker's website and download the latest android specific to your phone, and reflash the phone. you should be able to do this using adb and fastboot from tour PC (Windows.Mac/Linux- there's versions of these tools for all PC OSes)

Upvote 0
I'll Tell you but you won't believe me. Its an official status Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G android 10 bought at the samsung storevin Burnaby British Columbia. A factory reset does nothing. Knox is intact warranty 0x0 ive been in contact with samsung for almost two months they are aware and want me to send it to a repair centre to be fixed. I have 600 or so days left on my warranty so I've decided to offer it for sale. I can prove everything I say

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200730-004324_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200730-004324_Firefox.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 20200730_140642~2.jpg
    20200730_140642~2.jpg
    435.5 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0
Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Got no idea what's happening there.
"hookerbot"? That's something from Futurama isn't it, a sci-fi TV series. although I never watched it.

Suggest you provide more details, so we might be help you.
Only by mentioned in the first few seasons, they do come in play much later seasons.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
If the factory reset didn't remove your digital STDs, they have been written into the operating system. You need to take the phone to the Samsung store and have them completely wipe the phone: boot, recovery, data, system and cache partitions, and reflash the entire thing. It may be faster to exchange it so they can send it back to the depot for a complete wipe & reflash.

And NO MORE $1 adventures!

:D

Reactions: ocnbrze and mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones