1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help HTC Desire Stuck On Boot Screen ..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sazi1990, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Sazi1990

Sazi1990 Lurker

As title says, My HTC Desire is stuck on the white screen which give the options, Fastboot, Recovery, Clear storage, Simlock and you are to use the Volume buttons but the Volume buttons dont make the highlight move. Nothing works at all? :(

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

History of device please

Sazi1990 likes this.
  3. Sazi1990

Sazi1990 Lurker

I got it on contract with 3 in june this year Its already been repaired once as it was "stuck" in "car mode" its been fine since it was on working fine today when I came bak to it an hour later it had gone off. I assumed it needed charging but it on charge and it loaded to this screen and been stuck on it since

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Could the volume key be stuck? You get to that screen by booting while pressing the "volume down" key, and if the key doesn't work to scroll I wonder whether this is not a coincidence?

Sazi1990 likes this.
  5. Sazi1990

Sazi1990 Lurker

It doesnt feel stuck? and its worked fine uptil this morning?

6. Hadron

VIP Member

One of my home phones was fine up to this afternoon, but it broke this evening.

I've just checked and if I keep the button pressed it does just what you describe, i.e. sits there rather than looping through the hboot menu.

One thing you could test: boot the phone while pressing the "back" key. If that takes you to a similar white screen with different options then your volume key is not stuck or broken - then see whether you can select the options using the volume rocker. If you get the same screen then it's behaving as if the volume key is being pressed (I tried while pressing both, and volume took precedence). It may be that there is some other condition can cause this, but I don't know what that would be.

If you cannot get any other response from the phone you may have to do another warranty repair. I think you need to get into the other white screen I mentioned above to reflash the software (if software were the cause) - expect someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

7. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Can't remember you ever being wrong

Hadron likes this.
  8. Hadron

VIP Member

Oh, if only that were true :)

9. Sazi1990

Sazi1990 Lurker

No matter how I turn it on and which keys I hold the same screen still comes on. Thank you for all your help I think its another repair for the shop. Really disappointed

10. Hadron

VIP Member

Yeah, it's bad luck but I can't think of anything else you can do at this point.
    Hope it doesn't take too long to fix.

11. yenrod

yenrod Well-Known Member

Maybe a little bit of 'something' has got stuck below the volume key ? subsequent models of htcs have a different styles of volume rockers..!

12. wooney0

wooney0 Lurker

Hi, i have a similar problem. it occured yesterday but sorted itself out. Now it's happened again. Nothing wrong with the volume keys but won't scroll up or down on boot menu?

Is it possible it will fix itself as the phone hasn't been dropped or anything, and if its not under warranty is there anyway to do it myself.

Sorry to hijak but maybe there is a different answer out there.

Cheers

13. Sazi1990

Sazi1990 Lurker

Bumping this up as it went to repair came ack and 3 days later its done it again!!

On the repair sheet it says no fault found and just restored to factory settings, Is there a way I can do this myself even if on the boot screen I cant? Or do I have to send it off and wait another 3 weeks for it to come back again

14. Sazi1990

Sazi1990 Lurker

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews