1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support HELP.... HTC sync stopped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tromba, Jul 26, 2010.

1. tromba

tromba Member

Jun 22, 2010
    When I got my Evo I set up HTC Sync to work with Outlook on my desktop. Worked great for a few weeks. Was out of country for two weeks and had wifi only but when I got back I could still connect as a disk drive but the phone would no longer find HTC Sync on the computer. I tried different cables. Tried installing sync again (new download). Nothing helped.

Took it to the Sprint store and they did a hard reset and thought that would fix it. Didn't.

Called tech support and got elevated several times and when I explained all I'd done, the guy said the device needed to be replaced. I was going out of town and will do it next week.

In the meantime the day before I left I uninstalled sync and reinstalled from the SD card and SYNC WORKED. Or seemed to work. Did all my contacts but only about half the calender before I got a message that it had timed out.

Then it stopped again.wouldn't sync at all. Got new version from the website again, still no sync.

Two questions:

1. Is this a hardware problem that a new phone will fix?

2. Is such a replacement device really new or just a replacement that could have had someone else's problem but is now a refurb?

Advertisement

Tags: