1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

HELP!!! I am a newbie MORON, rooted phone and in trouble.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by bryan240g, Jan 13, 2012.

1. bryan240g

bryan240g Lurker
    None

Aug 4, 2010
    Last night I rooted my phone. Using DROID 3 easy root script v7. I screwed up big time.

After the one click root finished everything was cool. I deleted some bloatware and went to bed.

This morning I got up and went to look in my contacts list for a phone number and everytime I scroll thru the list and make a selection my phone instantly goes back to the home screen.

I know I am a moron newb and should have never messed with it.

This morning after learning about my screwup I figured that resetting to factory defaults would hopefully remove the root and reinstall the deleted files, but it didn't do either of those things.

Can anyone help me? I even tried the undelete app, but there is nothing to find since I reset my phone. Please help, my wife is gonna kill me.

Advertisement

2. Suprtrukr425

Suprtrukr425 Newbie
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    You're ok, what you're gonna have to do now is either find a custom rom for your phone, or track down a rooted version of your stock rom. After you delete files from your system, you cannot restore them with a factory reset. If you don't want to keep root, you need to search for method of returning to stock, with a stock rom. Go here: XDA, and search the list for your device. Once you find it, read, read, read. I can gurantee you that the information you need is there somewhere. Everyone messes up a few times in the begining. Just make sure you read everything completely before trying to do it.

On another note, I do believe this is posted in the wrong section. Also, while at XDA be carefull to read thier rules about posting before doing so. They really don't like questions in the development section. Hope all this helps.

3. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

How did you "delete some bloatware"? Did you ... by any chance ... use a tool that "freezes" apps, instead of deleting?

4. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Texas
    Newbies shouldn't root... until you read everything there is to read. Like make sure of what is really "bloatware" and what is not. And to NEVER do a factory reset if you're rooted. I'm not techie enough to help, but there must be others... Go searching in this thread: Droid - All Things Root - Android Forums