• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help - I am receiving an error message and I am new to this phone

cbuford

Lurker
Nov 14, 2012
Help - I have had my Samsung Galaxy S III 4G for a little over a month now. Since I have had the phone I have occasionally received an error message at various times that says "An error occurred. If it continues to happen please file a report via Help > Contact support"

Now this error is coming up very regularly and I cannot tell any rhyme or reason to when I receive it. I can just unlock the phone and it will show, or click text messages, contacts, or sometimes the internet and it will show up.

Does anyone know what this error means and if I do need to call someone, what do I tell them is happening..?

Thanks!!!

That is most curious.
You might try doing a factory reset.
If that doesn't work, I would take it back where you purchased it, and have them do some troubleshooting. If they can't work it out, then you should request a replacement phone, as this seems like some glitch in your particular unit.
Good luck! Keep us posted when you get it figured out.:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones