• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't get service on my phone : (

slong1

Lurker
Jan 18, 2010
This is the 3rd time this has happed to me the 1st time sprint gave me a new phone and the 2nd time I had to factory reset my new phone.

When I turned my phone on I don't have service and I get a bunch of pop ups saying that different applications stopped and are force closed. They include "com.google.process.gapps", "com.android.phone", "com.coremobility.app.vnote" "com.htc.launcher" among others.

When I try and turn on the mobile it crashes. Does anyone know what is causing this? Is there anyway to fix this without resetting my phone? I've only had this Hero for 3 weeks and this is the 2nd time this is happening to this phone.

I love my hero but I'm not gonna keep it if I have to reset it every 2 weeks :mad:

the phone is junk

If you call the Hero junk, then the iPhone must be uber junk because Hero is the best phone I have ever owned.

You are entitled to your opinion though.

BTT:
I'd send it back for a new one, you might have something malfunctioning... Did you install any applications? Because I am pretty sure that there are fake applications out there that can ruin phones, thats why you need to pay attention to the permissions.

Upvote 0
Why do people complain about a 70 app limit? It's a phone, how much crap do you expect it to hold? I'm pretty sure there aren't 70 usefull apps on the market anyhow. When I install one and find out it's pointless or boring, I delete it, not pile more crap on top of it. To all of you complaining about how much this PHONE will hold, I challenge you to go to your home computer and download crap to it all day long, and tell me how it's running.

Upvote 0
Why do people complain about a 70 app limit? It's a phone, how much crap do you expect it to hold? I'm pretty sure there aren't 70 usefull apps on the market anyhow. When I install one and find out it's pointless or boring, I delete it, not pile more crap on top of it. To all of you complaining about how much this PHONE will hold, I challenge you to go to your home computer and download crap to it all day long, and tell me how it's running.

The computer is a different story lol. That all depends on the size of the HD. I know people who had 1TB HD's and had them nearly full with movies and games. People get crazy when it comes to that stuff :p

But I agree your statement on the limit. Its not a perfect phone. And there isn't even close to 70 useful apps. I only keep fun ones like the gun apps to show my friends and then useful theme stuff as well as the settings. I have around 40 applications and I have no use for any others until I see them being released.

People need to stop complaining bout the limit if you ask me. At least its better than the iPhone.

Upvote 0
Im in the same situation. I just purchased my Android via Sprint and everytime I walk into my office, I lose all bars. No phone calls, no emails, nothing. Hell I cant even log on to our companies free wi fi. Someone in my office has Sprint and they have no problem getting service. As soon as I walk to the atrium which is just on the other side of the wall, my bars come back. Not cool....:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones