1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Help I Can't Type or TXT Anymore!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by txdave38, Jun 23, 2011.

1. txdave38

txdave38 Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011
    Hey guys,

Apparently I've accidently turned on some feature in my Optimus V, and I can't figure out how to turn it off. It is preventing me from text messaging or even typing in search boxes.

When I press a letter key in the virtual keyboard, my screen pops up a box showing words that start with that letter. If I choose just the letter, it places spaces between each letter. ARgh. I just want it to enter the letter and it show up on the screen, not make me select from an item list.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and how to disable this crap? Now if I want to txt "hello", it shows up as h e l l o. So annoying!!

Advertisement

2. LNMoton

LNMoton Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    South Carolina
    I don't have any idea on what you are talking about. I never heard of that happening.

3. JustMe0815

JustMe0815 Newbie
    None

Mar 7, 2011
    sounds like you switched to swipe... menu - settings - language & keyboard - select input method - android keyboard.

4. daisylover

daisylover Newbie
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    mine keeps that where the words pop up but no letters. i just go into the settings and come out...i dont even change anything and i can type again. i'm worried something is wrong with my phone

5. txdave38

txdave38 Lurker
    None

Jun 23, 2011

That's what it was. Fixed now. Thanks so much!

6. WinCamXP

WinCamXP Newbie
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    Just so you know, Swype was designed so you slide your fingers over the letters in a word without taking your finger off the screen and it figures out the word, or gives you a list of possible words. If you can get used to it, it really increases your typing speed.

And also, don't be afraid to go back into settings and look around. You won't break anything.

Tags: