1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Help, I did a silly!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thisISjoel, Nov 9, 2014.

1. thisISjoel

thisISjoel Android Enthusiast

EDIT: After much googling and frustration at my lack of ability to get this to work I finally managed to use fastboot to flash the TWRP image and I am currently restoring my DU nandroid I made before trying to flash the other rom, not sure if I should try again after this or just wait for the DU version of Lollipop.

Bros!

I tried to flash a 5.0 rom on my N5 today, got stuck in a bootloop so tried to reboot back into TWRP so I could try to flash again but instead I got the bootloader menu and when I try to boot into recovery from there I get the stock recovery (dead android with the red !).

Is there a way I can sideload TWRP back onto the phone and then restore my nandroid from there or am I going to have to flash a stock image and start again?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. thisISjoel

thisISjoel Android Enthusiast

EDIT: Reflashing the ROM (DU 8.2) seems to have fixed everything up.

What an ordeal, I don't think I'll be trying that again (well, I guess it depends how long before we see DU Lollipop, I can't lie, I may be tempted again) all good learning though, now that everything has worked out for the best :)

Ugh, OK, so on the nandroid I recovered too I had no mobile network (even though it worked fine before all this) and my music doesn't show up, in es file explorer it says sd card not found, in twrp it says it can't mount cache.

I'm out of my depth here, any ideas?

3. Incakola

Incakola Android Enthusiast

I think the lollipop preview formatted your internal storage for compatibility and now going back to 4.4.4, kit kat doesn't know what's it looking at...

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews