1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Help! I half flashed a rom?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iampatrick, Jun 11, 2011.

1. iampatrick

iampatrick Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    After trying multiple times to flash miui onto my captivate I gave up and decided to flash cognition. My phone is rooted and I downloaded rom manager. I downloaded the rom from whatever the official website is...i forget the name. I go into recovery mode then to clockwork recovery. Wipe data and cache. Then I install the rom from the sd card. It does its stuff, even shows the respective bootlogo. Then the phone restarts with a different background, an option to change lockscreens, and a percentage over the battery. Everything else is just like the stock rom. If I am missing anything that isn't listing nd fault flash the rom please tel me.

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    cognition is made to look just like stock, but to be sure you can go to settings, about phone and look at the bottom and it should say something about cognition

3. iampatrick

iampatrick Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Ok I guess that did work. My real problem was that whenever I tried to flash miui nothing would change. it looked like it was installing the rom, the phone would reboot, but I would still have the stock rom. Any idea how to fix that?

4. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Android Expert
    None

Jul 28, 2010
    student
    north alabama
    i ran cyanogen for alittle while and theres alot that can wrong if you dont follow the steps in the directions exactly. if youre not real good at flashing you should probably wait alittle while and read through the threads on xda